Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Something to bring back the old times...

When I was a fledgling 20 something (OK seriously, truth...18 something) I spent alot of time in the hipster conclave of City Spirit.  Thankfully I was never once asked for my id and never offered up the fake one that I had.  I remember fondly sitting in the back on the bench drinking a La La (something I think was similiar to a cosmo... correct me if I am wrong anyone please....). I danced in the basement for So What!  (living on at Sengers weekly) for years every Wednesday that I could (I was legal by then) and remember a chopped salad that would get me through some afternoons of studying for my History of Animation class (it was hard being a film student at UCD). When my neighbors passed away the one thing that I really wished for was the City Spirit painting they had in their kitchen sadly someone else stole it before I could proudly hang it in my house, but apparantly some of the art lives on.  Phew. 

So sadly I can't get up to the Highlands by 5 but maybe you can (and thanks for Westword Posting about it):  the renewal of sorts fo the City Spirit. 

If you go... have a cocktail (only up to four allowed) for me....say a little toast to M & C and all the good times.


No comments: