Saturday, June 12, 2010

I have this long standing relationship.  I neglect it sometimes but as summer is coming upon me, I plan to better my relationship.  I promise I won't neglect it any more.  In the land of facebook and twitter I have totally neglected updating my blog.  Bad Bad Bad Blogger. Anyways.... So here we go:

I am watching the World Cup.  I played soccer for like a week in high school. I tried very hard to be a sportswoman, but the running... oy the running totally got in my way.  I liked the school sponsored sweatpant/jersey uniform, but may I just take this moment to admit. I sucked.  Bad.  And not at all in the way that I was a sucky swimmer (I did that too for three years... I even got the letter for swimming but never the letter jacket, I think I wore my brother's letter jacket to a Halloween party once) which allowed me to practice and swim distance but never actually compete in the backstroke like I wanted.  So I am watching the USA / England match and am totally caught up in it.  F and I are even planning an early morning breakfast with booze match watching at Fado probably sometime before the finals.  If you are in Denver, here is a great wrap up of where to go to watch the matches: From Westword.  It's pretty exciting the final score had both teams winning actually.  A draw is a good result for this match!

The summer concert season is starting to ramp up a little bit.  Unfortuanately it looks like there isn't much for us to travel for that isn't already coming to Colorado eventually but there might be a labor day weekend Wilco show in Snowmass.  We haven't quite figured that out but I think it will happen.  I have such a great guy that seems to gladly take me along which is very very fortunate for me.  I am so unbelievably spoiled. There hasn't been a show that I have geared up to buy tickets for anything yet.  It will happen though.

The highlight so far of the spring has been seeing Fishbone downtown. They played an outdoor stage at this fund raising day for a local charity.  For the full set of pictures you can go to my flickr, since the uploading is weird lately. 





It was a great show.  They totally brought it.  How they maintain that level of energy and enthusiasm escapes me!  So terrific.  And what totally thrilled me to bits was Angelo playing a theramin!  That was awesome!

After the show we had an opportunity to talk to Angelo.  Its been YEARS since I had any chance to talk to him and it was good.  Water under the bridge on some past hard feelings and it felt really good to have all my friends around me while I brought up something very  uncomfortable to me.  Angelo is a great guy and I am really fortunate to have been able to have those few minutes to say hello.  Norwood was really sweet the last time I talked with him and I promised to try and find the old footage we all shot way back in the day and send it to them.  We are adults and it's nice to know that they don't think badly of situations.  F and L and D were there cheering me on in their own special ways and it was very cool to be there with them for a GREAT show and great bridge building.

We then cruised down to the Larimer Lounge to see the Heavy.  They are the band that have gained so much popularity due to the Sorento commercial.  Their song "How You Like Me Now" was used.  And it's a terrific song and a terrific commercial, but man oh man... they totally brought it on at this second show that weekend.  The lead singer was AMAZING.  He worked the room like I have never seen there. 

















The pictures don't do the show justice.  They have this sound that seems to be coming out of England right now, this ode to 60s soul with this modern twist. They played songs off both their albums (and their first record I happen to like a bit more I have to admit) which was a treat.  The crowd was into it and that was awesome.  And the lead singer even recognized and called out a couple of people that were at the first show which I have to be impressed by because he was paying attention to the crowd. I wish that they could have played a larger venue, but being less than a foot away from the band where I stood to take pictures was a thrill and an honor too because they are on the cusp of hitting it big and it couldn't happen to seemingly nicer guys.

I am starting the updating of my condo a bit too.  I bought all new appliances, will be working to find carpet and then I will start thinking about putting my condo on the market (even though there are two condos in my building that are under forclosure it might not be a bad time to start making some updates) and looking to buy a house.  The market in Colorado is so saturated that this is probably a terrible time to start thinking about this but when is there ever a good time...? So with the new appliances comes a increase in my wanting to cook more.  We had a fun picnic a few weeks ago and I am actually going to plan a dinner party I think in the next month or so.  I love love love cooking for my people and it's always a pleasure to plan a party!

F is amazing.  If someone was to tell me that I would be this happy and be having this much fun I would have never believed it.  I learn so much and am constantly surprised by him that I don't believe sometimes this is actually my life now.  I am glad I didn't second guess myself.  I am glad that he puts up with all my mishegos because seriously.... lucky lucky girl.

So that is basically the update.  Not much to it, but its good here in my land. 

No comments: